Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Grandpa and Grandma Wheatley

Hey world! Remember me? I went on a short trip to Michigan to meet my Grandma Wheatley, Mary Ann, and more of my family. She's great. I really like her a lot. I also got to fly on a plane for the first time. I didn't even cry. I really like planes. Daddy said that when he was little, he liked to look out the windows and see all the toy cars down below. Dad's a goofball. Mommy also took me to visit my Grandpa Wheatley's grave. He passed away a few years ago from Lou Gehrig's disease (ALS). I sure do wish I would have gotten to meet him, but I'm sure he'll be waiting for me in heaven one day. He did leave me a Howdy Doody watch that he asked mommy to give me whenever I showed up. So ,I'll always have something of his. Well two things of his because I also got my middle name Thomas, from his middle name. He was Clyde Thomas Wheatley. Mommy also told me that he fought in Vietnam and loved to have a good time. Daddy told me a funny story about the first time he met my Grandpa Clyde. He said that he heard my Grandpa was a great hunter so he was scared to meet him because he was a "good shot". Like I said, dad's a goofball. Well, that's all my grandparents. Don't you just love them. Below is a picture of my mommy when she was little, Grandpa and Grandma Wheatley, Aunt Jenny, Uncle John, and Aunt Steph (Yup she has the same name as my mommy. Pretty neat huh.) You can see more pics of my family down below on My First Trip to Michigan.




1 comment:

Adrienne said...

You'll have to share your baby travel tips with me :). I'm glad things went smoothly.