Sunday, July 25, 2010

Junkanoo Rush



Today Daddy decided to help me get culturized to Junkanoo. For all my non-Bahamian viewers out there, it's a Bahamian Christmas and New Year's party where people dress in costumes and dance to the beat of goat skin drums, cowbells, trumpets, and whistles. Daddy and mommy and grammie and granddaddy went to the New Year's parade when mommywas between 4-5 months pregnant with me. I can still remember hearing the music and feeling the vibrations from the drums and trumpets. It was great. Anyway, daddy and I couldn't find goat skin drums or cowbells so we had to improvise. I love this stuff. 242 all the way.

2 comments:

SUAREZ FAMILY BLOG said...

I can't tell who enjoyed this more....Sim or Sammie. Great video!

The Rebirth of Truth said...

OMG! This was soooo funny. Sammie was on beat too. I don't think he'd make it through one lap on Bay Street, though. He would get so distracted with all the custumes, colors and what not.